The Mayan ruins at Tikal (“Place of Voices”) in the Petén Department of Guatemala are among the most famous in the world. Rivaling the ruins of Caracol in Western Belize, Tikal has been extensively excavated and restored, with work having begun here in 1848. With more than 3,000 structures, 10,000 foundations, and covering six square miles, Tikal is a treasure trove of Mayan culture and history.
Drive Time from Table Rock: 2 hours
Adventure Level: Moderate. This tour starts early and involves loads of walking. For those who want to take the challenge up a notch, be sure to climb to the tops of the temple ruins.
What to Wear & Bring: Shorts or lightweight long pants, shirt, and comfortable walking shoes. Valid passport required. If you do not hold a passport from the USA, UK, or Canada, please check Guatemalan visa requirements. Don’t forget your US$20/BZ$40 per person to pay your border crossing fee. Extra water, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and insect repellent are also recommended.
*Restrictions: This tour is not for those who suffer from car-sickness. Be sure to check the visa requirements to enter Guatemala if you do not hold a valid US, UK, or Canadian passport.
Duration: Full-day tour.
Combinations: Tikal Zipline.
- May be joined with guests from other establishments
- Includes licensed guide, transportation to and from the lodge, lunch, and entrance fees
- Does NOT include border fee of US$20 per person
- Minimum two persons
- A 50% cancellation fee applies to any tours booked and then cancelled by the guest less than 24 hours in advance
- Prices subject to change without notice