Know Before You Go
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BOOKING:
- We are 100% energy self-sufficient, using solar electricity backed up by generator power to offer 24-hour electricity. However, to help preserve our delicate solar-powered energy system, we do impose certain restrictions on electricity use:
- We offer USB outlets ONLY in each guest room. There are 110V charging stations located in our guest common areas for the charging of larger items, such as laptops. We do have accommodations for our guests who need to use a CPAP machine – please contact us.
- The use of hairdryers, curling irons, clothes irons, hot rollers, and other high-wattage electrical appliances is PROHIBITED.
- There is no air conditioning. Industrial ceiling fans are provided in all guest rooms and common areas.
- We do not offer mini-fridges, televisions, coffee makers, or hot plates in any of our guest rooms.
- It does rain in the rainforest, and at certain times of year if there have been heavy rains, it is possible that flooding may occur which may temporarily close our complimentary river activities and certain adventure tours. These closures are for your safety. Tours cancelled by the tour operator due to safety issues will be refunded, however there is no monetary value or refund applicable to closed complimentary on-site activities.
- Although we do our best to keep insects to a minimum by fully screening guest rooms, cleaning guest rooms daily, providing excellent drainage for water, and raking excess forest debris, we are in the jungle and insects, as well as other wildlife, are part of our surroundings and help keep nature in balance. Most insects are harmless and merely a nuisance, but there are other bugs, such as scorpions or bees, which can give a painful sting or be a concern for those guests with allergies.
- It is HUMID! Should you have chronic breathing issues or be highly sensitive to molds, need your clothes to dry immediately, and do not like to sweat or to have occasional moisture in your linens, then you may want to reconsider a stay in Belize, or consider a location in town that offers climate control.
- The roads are rough. If you are not comfortable driving for periods of time on bumpy, unpaved roads, then you may not enjoy your time at Table Rock or in Belize. A 3-mile portion of the 5-mile road from San Ignacio to Table Rock is still unpaved, as are the roads to many of the most popular tourist attractions in this part of the country.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet service is available for all of our guests with use of their own computer or handheld device in the common areas. The Internet at Table Rock is made possible by multiple towers beaming the signal to us from town. This connection can be affected by rainy and windy weather, as well as by local anomalies such as power outages in town or the number of people using the system at the same time, so it may be slower or unavailable from time to time.
- We are not equipped for self-catering. There is no kitchen facility available for guest use. We kindly ask that guests be mindful of keeping any food items in guest rooms tightly sealed to prevent unwanted pests. We provide fantastic meals, but are also more than happy to recommend restaurants nearby. We’ll even call and make a reservation for you!
- We are isolated from the noise and nightlife of town because our guests like it that way. We do kindly ask that you be respectful of other guests while you are here.